for sale From £43,000 Inc VAT
Drascombe Drifter 22
The Drascombe Drifter is a 22 foot long pocket cruiser with spacious 2 berth accommodation. As well as spacious berths she also features cooking and toilet facilities for weekends on board. The shallow draught is retained by using twin drop keels which are designed specifically to not interfere with the interior space.
This boat to be easily trailed, launched and recovered by one person and is ideal for weekends away.
Her flexible sail plan gives good performance across the wind range making her comfortable and safe without compromising on speed. A 6-8 horsepower engine mounted in a cockpit well allows the boat to be motored but can also be lifted whilst sailing.
She has twin drop keels to achieve both the shallow draft necessary for easy launch and recovery, together with a clear cockpit cabin space of the original design.
Her sail plan is a loose footed gunter yawl. The drop plate rudder allows genuine shallow water sailing. With an integrated sprayhood, the fitting of a tent can add to her practicality at anchor.
The Drifter 22 is more than a boat which sails well. She is a lifestyle created for those who want more freedom and economy of trailer sailing, plus the additional comfort of extra cabin space.
- Overall length 6.70m 22'0"
- Waterline length 5.88m 19'3"
- Beam 2.25m 7’3”
- Draft (drop-keels up) 0.40m 1'4"
- Draft (drop-keels down) 1.05m 3'5"
- Sailing weight 1200 kg 2650 lb
- All up towing weight 1800kg 3970 lb
- Sail Area 234 ft2 (21.76m2)
- GRP hull & decks laid up in polyester resin with gelcoat finishes, reinforced at strategic points with either additional lay-up or core-mat.
- Hull in white. Decks, cabin inner moulding, cabin hatch cover & locker hatch covers in light grey.
- Self draining anchor well set in foredeck.
- Fuel & gas lockers, isolated & ventilated in aft deck.
- Cockpit side bench locker lids.
- Built in buoyancy of two pack polyurethane foam in closed compartments.
- All the fitted hull joinery in Iroko, finished with Burgess woodsealer.
- An Iroko keel plank & protective stemband.
- Keel ballast fitted.
- Full suit of tan terylene sails & set of varnished spruce spars.
- Hanked on jib. Mainsail with two sets of reefing points.
- All required standing & running rigging, mainsheet track & traveller.
- Stainless steel Mastband & cranse iron. 1 x 19 SS wire, talurit eye spliced standing rigging is. Bottle screws on shrouds & bobstay.
- Twin galvanised steel drop-keels. Transom hung rudder with controllable drop plate. Drop keels individually controlled by winches. Handle supplied (also used for jib sheet winch, if specified).
- Sampson post on foredeck.
- Rudder in hardwood & marine ply with galvanised mild steel controllable drop plate.
- Tiller head, two aft mooring cleats, pair of forward mooring cleats, pair of aft mooring fairleads in bronze (or stainless steel as an extra cost option).
- Stainless steel stemhead fitting to locate bowsprit.
- Stainless steel tabernacle for mast.
- Stainless steel mainsheet traveller.
- Jibsheet camcleats on coaming. (Binnacle option includes jib sheet winch.)
- Barton sliding jibsheet fairleads & blocks.
- Other deck fittings are a combination of black nylon or stainless steel.
- One pair long teak grab handles fitted to cabin roof
- Cabin inner moulding forming bunk supports & drop keel casing covers in GRP, same colour as deck.
- Inside of cabin left bare. (See fitting out options.)
- Bronze cabin windows fitted, one long, one round per side.
- Varnished ply doors & hinged washboard.
- Cabin hatch lid fitted with brass hasp & staple.
- Cabin sole boards in marine plywood.
- Conduit from aft locker, through side bench, into cabin as route for electric cabling.
- Built to RCD regulations for Category C (coastal) for 6 adults.
To customise your vessel to your specific requirements there is a list of options available. Call us to discuss the options.
CBL reserve the right to modify this specification when required, up until the point that an order is placed.